My Novels

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

For a little humor (and I'm sure everyone could use it these days), I present to you one of my all-time favorite cartoons. Before you watch it though, I must confide that it reminds me of my situation lately. East, West, North South...whatever path I take from my house to walk the dogs, I keep running into elderly widowers. I'm polite, so I stop and talk to them; perhaps they take this as a sign of flirting, because before you know it, they are asking me out, in hot pursuit.

I'm not joking either: One is an elderly gentleman, age 90. He doesn't look or act 90, seems in remarkable health, and sharp in conversation. Over the past couple months, I've spoken to him when I happen along that way, but one day he got in his car and followed me home. Now that I've changed my walking path, he drives slowly by my house every afternoon!

Another elderly widower suddenly appears outside when I approach his house, and has some reason to waylay me as I pass.

I could go on, but you get the picture. If not, just know I feel like the cat in this cartoon:



Don't know how many more times I can change my walking route in my neighborhood until I end up like the cat! LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so funny! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find you. I've been working my way through your blog and I will be back.

Brenda said...

LOL...!