My Novels

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Politics

I think anyone who has read my blog even causally, or over a long time, realizes I'm a Democrat. Or, well, definitely lean to that side and have never voted Republican.

The news about John Edwards though is something I've not been terribly upset about. In the first place, when he trotted his wife, who had terminal cancer, out onto the campaign trail...he lost my vote right then. In Alabama, we have a legendary political icon (yes, a democrat) who I came to despise while I was a teenager. George Wallace. My loathing grew by leaps and bounds when he trotted HIS wife, Lurleen, out to run for Governor after he'd already served the two terms allowed. She won. And you guessed it: she had terminal cancer, even died in office. I have an excellent biography of her life here, and I consider it PRICELESS because it shows the depth of endless selfishness for political power.

These particular types surface in ALL political parties, as well as every aspect of humanity's power hungry brokers. I just wonder how long it will be before McSenile's first marriage, and his unfathomable selfish behavior toward his first wife's handicapped situation, will make news? Or his womanizing upon returning to the USA and finding his wife disfigured by a car wreck? Ah, not long...I suspect.

Here's an excellent article about McSenile's first marriage/wife:

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind

In other news, I think I have a summer cold -- or some sort of virus. I have body aches, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc. but maybe it's just a sinus infection. If I don't feel better soon, it's off to the doctor.

I have been on a cleaning frenzy around here: Removed all the cats' bedding, washing their large sleepers, hosing down the screenporch, and more. I thought perhaps this would help alleviate the mite problem, because they are all still shaking their head, though not scratching at their ears. Not sure what is going on, but it's looking more like a trip to the vet soon.

I had to trim back newly-grown pecan limbs off the stump. I should have had the stump destroyed, because it keeps putting out new tree limbs and darn if I'm not getting tired of hard labor at keeping it trimmed back.


What a pain this has become!


Also, I am definitely going to get a commode replacement -- perhaps Monday. I'm tired of this piece of crap I have to contend with every time I flush the toilet. Will buy one of the taller commodes at Lowe's and get it installed by their crew next week. I dread that, but it has to be done.

I am growing bored, though I don't have any complaints exactly. Maybe it's the long August days of heat and humidity, just the same old, same old!?

Dogs are well, and for that I'm glad. Princess, the elderly cat, has improved somewhat, though I still think it's touch-and-go for her, since she seems lethargic most of the time.

With that, I'm outta here for today as I leave you with this hilarious photo from one of my favorite websites:
Courtesy of icanhascheezburger

No comments: