My Novels

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Whoopee! Had a GREAT weekend, especially Sunday when we got our taxes done by my brother-in-law, the CPA. Turns our we're getting almost a $4,000.00 refund. That means we're going to buy a new side-by-side refrigerator and washer/dryer, leave our older appliances here for renters. More rent, you see. Yes, there is a method to my madness.

I always enjoy visiting with my sister, brother-in-law and their son, who will be off to college next year. It's difficult to believe he's that old, seems only yesterday he was a mere child! At any rate, after the taxes were done, we went out to a nearby restaurant and treated them to a delicious meal. Our way of paying for the tax work, since they won't take money. Then, as I was telling them about my old, bad, slow printer, my sister said that they'd gotten a new one -- and they gave me their older one. Believe me, it's a vast improvement over my old one...and I've already got it set up and printing out the rental forms!

Also, they insisted I take a telescope they never use. It's fairly new, but they said they just never use it anymore. As soon as we're settled at the old house, I plan to start star-gazing at night, since there's a good view of the sky in the backyard and NO light distraction. Can't wait!

Yesterday I went to Wal-mart, picked up a few necessary things, particularly plastic runners to protect the carpet where traffic is heavy, and a couple of lights to put under the counters at the old house. The cleaners got the job done yesterday and it cost about $40.00 LESS than they'd estimated! I went on my bike ride late yesterday afternoon, though I had to fight the brisk, strong wind. We're sure having a very windy March thus far.

Today I've packed the remainder of my books, and tonight we'll take those to the old house along with the bookcase. Tomorrow I'll go back and unpack the books, place them in the bookcase, one less job to do on moving day. However, we still haven't decided if we'll move this coming weekend or the next one. Just depends on how much we get done this week, and if that carpet is dry or not.

Hence...back to work!

No comments: