I didn't go to the old house today; the gas company still hasn't put in the line, although the remainder of the central heat/air is ready to go. Hopefully next Wednesday that will be done. DH did go, and should be back any time now. The wind is fierce out there today, still overcast and only in the low 40s. Inside that house would have been frigid, and I couldn't have done anything. Plus...I don't know, I'm sort of getting tired of it all, maybe even losing interest. Or perhaps just aggravated with all the delays of "workers" who are supposed to be doing a job on time. Whatever.
I spent the day working on some old stories I wrote a long time ago, and plan to post those next week at The Prose Menagerie, my webzine. I think I'm verging on getting involved again in my creative writing, yippee!
In the meantime, I found this funny stuff about cats. You can skip it if you're not a cat lover.
When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two cats in the way.
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to insure your comfort.
Look at videos of cats sleeping, they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and
having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but catty sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to scratch, meow or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years, feline attendance is not mandatory.
The proper order is lick my face, then go lick your butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.
Rules for Non-Cat Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Cats:
1. The cats live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want cat hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture
3. I like my cats a lot better than I like most people
4. To you, they're cats. To me, they're an adopted son or daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly
5. Cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, sometimes come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the kittens.
6. They ignore you until you are asleep.
Till next time, which may be next Monday since I AM going to the old house tomorrow if the weather is better -- and it is predicted to be.