My Novels

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I'm feeling somewhat better, certainly an improvement over the past couple of days. I think I caught this cold/stomach virus in a department store, since I observed a woman sneezing nearby. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

In the meantime, I have caught up on answering email, postal mail and written the article for the childfree organization. The article, "Living in a Material World" can be read by clicking HERE. I hope to write an essay/column/article about once a month there, if I have time. I also will put a permanent link at the bottom of this blog to the main entry for their website, Worldchildfree.org

What else? I rode my bike yesterday morning, (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment!) but not today since it is raining outside. I'm trying to watch what I eat, but with my stomach virus, that's not been a problem lately!

Over the weekend, DH and I started putting sheetrock in the front bedroom, and he framed up the area for the large closet we'll add. Lots of dust, a mess...but necessary at this point. Oh, he sold one of his horse trailers, which he'd parked out near the highway. Looks like the place will be ideal for getting customers to buy either trailers, saddles/tack or horses! A good bit of traffic on the highway, and though annoying at times, it will be good for business. We do plan to have our den/living area on the back of the house, away from the traffic noise. At night the road is less traveled, so it shouldn't bother us about sleeping.

Sunday afternoon I put some Miracle Grow fertilizer on the small shrubs and trees already planted in the yard. We also plan to put some fairly large evergreens in the front yard when the time is right. And I want to have some flowers eventually too, once we get moved -- if we ever do! :-)

Tomorrow night we may go work on that bedroom sheetrock for a couple hours, depending on how I'm feeling by then. Central heat/air crew still not finished, but have the interior work done. I suppose since we're not living there, they are in no hurry.

Thunderstorms on the way for this afternoon, but maybe the worst of it will miss us.

Tired now, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: