My Novels

Monday, September 22, 2003

I was VERY disappointed last week when we learned that someone else had already bought the older house/land! I think we're jinxed on timing, when it comes to real estate. We'd looked at that place about 15 years ago, but someone else bought it before we made an offer. It IS a beautiful old house (over 100 years old), and a perfect location... Alas, sometimes you just have to accept the loss and move on...

We did get a lot done around our home last week, but still have other projects in progress (that's part of the deal when you own an older home)... DH may take another week of vacation in October, and we'll finish whatever tasks we must then.

In the meantime, there is another foreclosure we're looking into: only $36,000.00 for an older house about 7 miles from the city. But I am not sure if it has any land; if not, perhaps some could be bought adjoining the small plot available.

We also placed an ad about what we're looking for...and should get some responses when that comes out on Wednesday. It'll be interesting to see if ANYONE is eager to accept CASH instead of having all the hassle of going through a bank loan. In this low-rate interest market, I don't know if there's an advantage to having cash! :-(

GREAT visit yesterday with my sister and brother-in-law. I love their new house, although it's in a new subdivision (and I'm not partial to new houses/subdivisons), but a pricey, exclusive area of the large city where they live.

That's it for today!

No comments: