My Novels

Friday, May 30, 2003

My apologies to anyone who has tried to access this journal and either gets a blank page or very slow loading. Apparently Blogger is undergoing some technical upgrading, which will eventually make everything faster and better. In the meantime though, it's all slower.

I have been enjoying my daily bike rides, since we're having beautiful weather. I go in the morning, usually have the park to myself, and love the pleasant ride.

Today I went to the library, then dropped by the Salvation Army store. In our town lately there's been several 'consignment shops' open, which sell used clothing, furniture, you-name-it. I've always thought the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores were the first consignment shops, and have been browsing these for years. I have found some great bargains, once even got a used exercise bike for only $5.00. I'm a thrifty person, and can't resist looking for bargains.

Not much else to report now, so I'll close with this quote:

"I can live with doubts and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it's more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong... I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is so far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me." --Physicist Richard P. Feynman

If all people felt that way, I'm sure there would be no need for religion. I agree with Feynman's statement, but find that the vast majority of humans need to believe in a fairy tale instead of reality. Unfortunately believing in a fairy tale and not reality CAN be dangerous and destructive and, even at the very least, halt all scientific progress for humanity's benefit.

No comments: